Sean P Barrett
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
Phone: 800-618-3680; 203-562-0900
Attorney Barrett is a lifelong resident of Connecticut, originally hailing from the Bridgeport area. He currently resides in New Haven. Attorney Barrett received his B.A. in English and Music – Jazz Performance from the Fairfield University in 2005. He received his J.D. from Quinnipiac University School of Law in 2009 where he graduated with concentrations in Criminal Law & Advocacy with Honors, and Civil Advocacy & Dispute Resolution.
While in law school, Attorney Barrett was heavily involved with the Mock Trial Honor Society, serving on its executive board, and was also a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Team. Attorney Barrett also worked consistently before, throughout and after law school at a well-respected law firm in the Bridgeport area that focused exclusively on criminal defense.
After graduating from law school Attorney Barrett continued his work at the firm he started with in June of 2005. While there, Attorney Barrett represented hundreds of clients facing misdemeanor and felony cases ranging from minor public disturbances to violent assaults to felony drug charges.
Attorney Barrett also handled a significant number of hearings at the Department of Motor Vehicles, a number of Administrative Appeals, and contributed to several appeals to the Connecticut Appellate and Supreme Courts. Attorney Barrett also worked extensively on a number of criminal trials, from the investigation to preparing direct and cross-examinations.
Areas of Practice
- Connecticut, 2009
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- J.D. – 2009
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Mock Trial Society – Executive Board Member & Competition Team
- Honors: Alternative Dispute Resolution Team – Competition Team
- Major: Civil Advocacy & Dispute Resolution
- Major: Criminal Law & Advocacy
- Fairfield University
- B.A. cum laude – 2005
- Major: English and Music – Jazz Performance
- Defending OUI Cases in Connecticut, Presented by The Division of Public Defender Services, the Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and Ruane Attorneys at Law, 2009 – Present
- CCDLA Annual Meeting & Seminar, Presented by the Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2010 – Present
- CBA-YLS CLE Seminar DUI Defense: How to Find a Way to Win, Presented by the Connecticut Bar Association & CBA Young Lawyers Section, 2010 – Present